Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Leaving home...

I cannot stop thinking about going to uinversity these last few days. Even though I am not going until the end of September, I'm just really dreading it. I think I want to keep this blog going though because at least then, when I move away, 5 hours from home, at least this environment that I know and love will still be the same as long as I have my trusty lappytop with me :)
.
Moving out of home for the first time is soooo daunting, how old were you guys when you first did? Or do you still live at home? Did any of you get really homesick when you went to uni? Any answers to these questions would be a delighful help.

So I thought what way to make myself feel even more homesick? I know I'll do a post on things that I'll miss from home...

I'll miss the way my pussycat licks my hair to wake me up in the morning to feed him; I'll miss the beautiful sun shining through my curtains, reflecting off the crystals hanging at my window; I'll miss the sound of my mum hoovering outside my door on a bright summer morning; I'll miss the way the postman is never ever early so you have to wait around half the day for your important mail; I'll miss my best friend who is going to still be here in this same town whilst I'm away up there; I'll miss the massive wardrobe and all the storage I have in my boudoir; I'll miss half of the clothes and shoes that I wont be able to take to university with me; I'll miss the five minute walk to my nan and grandads to talk about them hating eachother in the 60s because they were mods and rockers and then telling me how they fell in love; I'll miss waking up to the smell of my mum's delicious peanut butter cookies; I'll miss the way the the little children knock on my front door saying "my balls in your garden can you throw it over please"; I'll miss the familiarity of the people whom I have seen everyday for the last 18 years in the road where I live; I'll miss the friendly shop keeper who always says hi to me when I buy my fashion mags; I'll miss the friendly lady bus driver who always asks me how I am (even though I rarely see her anymore anyway as I passed my driving test); I'll miss the closesness to Brighton Pier and the fabulous shopping in the Laines; but most of all, I'll miss my mum, my best friend and protector for the last 18 years. Now I'm off to fend for myself.
.
Anyway, have a nice day. After the long weekend revision starts again for me, I have some VERY important exams coming up, so I have a feeling I'll be popping by alot to give myself a break from it all.
.
If anyone has any tips about moving away from home, or tips to not worry about doing such a thing, or any sort of advice they can give me to stop panicing about this whole shabang, then please- don't hesitate to comment lol.
.
Smile- It's infectious XO

No comments: