So, I was watching one of my favourite films of all time Speed, starring the beautiful Sandra Bullock and delicious Keanu Reeves, and one scene in particular stuck out to me.... Bullock's character, Annie, says that relationships that are based on a crisis situation never work out.
Annie: You're not going to get mushy on me, are you?
Jack: Maybe. I might.
Annie: I hope not, 'cause you know, relationships that start under intense circumstances, they never last.
Jack: Oh yeah?
Annie: Yeah, I've done extensive study on this.
I've never been in the situation of a hostage bus about to blow up but, these people seem to know what they are talking about....
"Why might a relationship based on a crisis not work out? For one, following a stressful situation, both parties are running high on adrenaline, a feel-good endorphin that makes your heart race and your palms sweat. Your body also releases adrenaline in the second stage of love, which gauges your attraction to another person.
That means what you feel following a crisis could be confused with attraction toward another person, especially if he's of the tall, dark and handsome variety.
In addition, if you base a relationship off of a few hours you spent with another person during a high stress situation, you probably don't know that person very well. Granted, you know how that person responds under pressure, but what about their likes, dislikes and morals?
These are all things that should be considered before starting a relationship, not after jumping into one."
Its my favourite film, made my dear friend, who I'm going to call Shortie, watch it, he fell asleep about 20minutes in and me, like the die hard fan I am, watched it til the end haha. Even though I've seen it a trillion times!
lots of love.
smiley smile XO

No comments:
Post a Comment